Georgia State is committed to the enhancement of public safety, the quality of life, and the maintenance of an environment conducive to quality education, individual privacy, diversity and freedom of expression.
Accordingly, the University is using closed-circuit television (CCTV), which includes video surveillance cameras, monitors and digital video recorders, to monitor public areas in order to deter crime and assist the Georgia State University Police Department (GSUPD) in providing for the security and safety of the University community.
- Security Camera Policy
- Security Camera Purchase Procedures
- IP Based Network Cameras
- Centralized, managed and protected storage
- 30 day recording retention period
- Secure camera access
- Daily visual inspection of cameras for functionality
- GSUPD access to all cameras and recordings for investigative purposes