Recent large increases in online activity are affecting regional Internet and telephone service providers, which may result in an increase in Webex service degradation at certain peak times. Here are a few tips to get the best meeting experience: Here are a few tips to get the best meeting experience:
- Choose audio over video if experiencing a video quality issue: Webex will suggest or automatically lower your resolution and may eventually turn off your video to adapt to your network quality. You can also do this at any time. Learn more at http://cs.co/slow-connection.
- Build in breaks: You can get a faster join experience by joining 5 minutes early or even better - schedule meetings on the 15th or 45th minute of the hour.
- Switch to call-in audio: If your internet audio and video experience does not work, you can keep collaborating. Call in using the dial-in numbers in your meeting invitation to join via your cell phone or landline.
- Use "Show All Global Call-In Numbers" if You Receive a Busy Signal: If you get a busy signal when dialing into Webex by phone, click the Show All Global Call-In numbers under Meeting Info link for additional audio numbers to join.
- Disconnect from the VPN: If you are using the VPN (virtual private network) service, disconnect and use Webex outside of the VPN for the best experience.