Java Coding 1: Getting Started
Java is a general-purpose, object-oriented programming language that is widely used by programmers in fields ranging from Android application development to Big Data technologies. Because of its platform independent nature, it is a popular and in-demand language to learn.
Part 1 will introduce Java for those who are new to programming.
- Understanding basic programming concepts.
- Performing operations with variables.
- Using conditionals to change the way the program behaves.
- Running Java programs from the command line.
- Utilizing an IDE for writing Java programs.
You will need a valid CampusID to log in and use the software for this course.
If you don’t see a date or time that works for your schedule please check back later for new additions. In the meantime, we encourage you to check out the FREE online training available to the Georgia State community at Lynda.com.
Faculty and Staff members can also request custom technology workshops for department or student groups of 4 or more. Send your request to email@example.com or see Assign Media for web, video or image based projects.