For Students: iCollege Support
Frequently Asked Questions
- You are new to Georgia State University. If you have not already, you will need to activate your CampusID at campusid.gsu.edu.
- You are a new student. You will not be able to log in to iCollege until two (2) weeks before classes begin.
- You are typing an incorrect CampusID, or CampusID password. You can look up your CampusID at campusid.gsu.edu/lookup. If you've forgotten your password, you can reset your CampusID password at campusid.gsu.edu.
If you still can’t log in please call the IIT Technology Service Desk at 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357).
- If you're checking courses before the semester begins: Courses are not available to students until 2 weeks before the semester begins.
- If you're checking courses during Drop/Add: During drop/add, there is a 1 - 3 business day lag time between when you add your courses and when they will automatically appear in iCollege.
- If you've never accessed your course in iCollege before: In iCollege, the My Courses widget displays the most recently accessed courses. If you haven't accessed your course yet, it won't show up in your course list.
To access your course the first time, you can locate it by clicking the View All Courses link at the bottom of your course list. Look in the Unpinned section to find your course(s), or use the Advanced Search option to find your course using the desired search criteria.
- You can also find a list of all your courses using the All Courses icon along the top of the screen.
If your courses are not listed and you need to get into one or more courses immediately please contact your instructor and ask that they add you to the course. The IIT Technology Service Desk cannot add you to courses.
Being listed in an iCollege course that you dropped in Go Solar/PAWS will not affect your standing at Georgia State University as long as the course is not listed on your GoSolar/PAWS classlist.
Likewise, you will also get an error message if you try to type an external email address in the TO field of an iCollege email message. You can not use external email addresses in iCollege. You must use the Address Book to select the desired user. Or, you can send messages via your iCollege course Classlist.
- By default, you will only see messages from the current iCollege course you've selected.
In other words, you will not see messages from Course A when you are in Course B. From your iCollege Inbox, click the Filter By drop-down menu and select All Messages to see messages from users in ALL of the iCollege courses. You can change the Filter By option as needed.
- Your Preview pane is consuming much of your screen space.
By default, the option “Show the Message Preview pane” is selected. Modify your email settings and de-select the “Show preview pane” option.