Student Equipment Checkout Policy
CATLAB equipment, specialized computers, and collaboration spaces are available for students to reserve/utilize for course-related or personal not-for-profit projects. Students may check out and return equipment on the designated check-out and check-in days and times with a current
- Designated Check-in and Check-out Days
- Equipment Orientations and Trainings
- Picking Up and Returning Equipment
Equipment is checked out on Thursdays and is returned on Mondays.
- Additional equipment that is not checked out on Thursdays, may be available on Fridays without advanced reservations on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Equipment availability is based on in-stock inventory only.
- Friday check-outs are also due back on Mondays.
Most equipment is available for Daily Check-outs on Mondays,Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Check-outs for Mondays will be without advanced reservations, on a first-come first-serve basis and may be limited by in-stock inventory.
- Advanced reservations may be made for Tuesday and Wednesday check-outs.
- Daily Check-outs are due back at the close of the checkout period the same day. Hours many vary by location.
- Items not available for Daily Check-out may include Lighting equipment, Backdrops and Green Screens depending on location.
Some equipment may require students to have a brief orientation before checking out. CATLAB staff will provide brief, device-specific demos called “orientations”.
Students who checkout equipment will need to allot an extra 5 – 10 minutes if they require an orientation. Ask a CATLAB assistant for more details.
More in-depth trainings are available through PantherTech trainings.
Equipment must be returned to the CATLAB where it was originally checked out and only by the student who made the reservation.
anywhere by airplane, bus, or any commercial carrier.
Students must notify the CATLAB staff if they will be late returning equipment.
Either email [email protected] or call the CATLAB from which the equipment was checked out.
ADERHOLD – 404-413-4732
CLARKSTON – (678) 891-3192
DECATUR – (678) 891-2456
DUNWOODY – (770) 274-5036
NEWTON – (770) 278-1281
CLARKSTON FINE ARTS – (678) 891-3012
Pre-notification of lateness will not necessarily excuse late fines.
CONSEQUENCES for not returning equipment on time in its original condition:
LATE: Equipment is late if it is not returned by close of the checkout period the day it is due.
LATE FINES: Begin to be assessed the first morning following the day the equipment was originally due.
LATE FINE SCALE:
- First day late – $30.00 (plus $5.00 for each additional item)
- Second day late – $20.00 (additional)
- Third day late – $20.00 (additional)
- Fourth day late: If on the fourth morning after the equipment was due back it is still not in the lab, an additional $100.00 lost fee will be charged and we will have to file a report with the police for the missing items.
If the equipment is returned,the student will be responsible. All other late fees will remain in effect.
DAMAGED: Any form of damage or missing kit pieces.
The borrower is responsible for any damage, loss or theft of equipment checked out to them (damage fees = repair cost;replacement = current retail cost).
The CATLAB has 5 business days to inspect returned equipment and notify Borrower of any damage.
MISSING: If the equipment is stolen (or becomes permanently lost) while in your possession you must notify us immediately. If you notify us of the missing equipment after it is due back, you will incur late fines.
You must file a police report and bring us an official receipt verifying that it has been filed and on what date.
If you fail to bring in a police report, a minimum of one-day late fee (regardless of when notified) and the $100.00 lost fee will be assessed. Additionally, you will lose the privilege to check out any equipment from the CATLAB.
Repeated instances of equipment being late or going missing while in your possession (regardless of police reports) may require further action, including but not limited to involvement of the Dean of Students.
All late fines must be paid to Student Accounts and receipts brought to one of the CATLAB before eligible students may check out equipment again.
CATLAB fines may be adjusted or waived in extenuating circumstances supported by documentation of your claim. All disputes are reviewed on a case by case basis and submission of documentation does not guarantee the removal or adjustments.
Submit an Appeal >
ALL POLICIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.