Duo is a second layer of login protection.
You will be prompted to verify with Duo each time you log in. To protect your account, only approve logins you initiate.
You can choose from these options to verify login with Duo:
- Push Notification: Recommended. A notification sent to your mobile device or phone using the Duo app (must be installed) for you to approve or deny your log in attempt. This is the recommended option if you have a mobile device or phone on which you can install the Duo mobile app.
- Phone Call: A computer-generated call to your phone that includes a code for you to enter to approve your log in attempt.
- Passcode: You can generate a passcode,
- From within the Duo App. (This option works even if you are not connected to cell or Internet service, such as when you are on an airplane. This type of passcode will allow login once for each code generated in the app.)
- Using the online passcode generator. A passcode generated online can be created and kept in safe place for later use if needed as well.
- Token: A Duo hardware token, which is a small plastic device that can generate a passcode to use with Duo, can be purchased with this form. Yubikeys can be ordered from Amazon or through Panthermart to use with a laptop. Series 5 are the more flexible option. Chrome is the preferred browser to use with this option.