Your CampusID is the account name you use to sign in to the majority of technology systems at Georgia State, including campus email, the iCollege learning management system and others. Your CampusID is also the first part of your official university email address ([email protected] for faculty/staff and [email protected] for students).
All new students, faculty, and staff receive a CampusID. However, you must first activate a password in order to use your CampusID to log in to systems. To activate your CampusID, you must:
- Sign in to the CampusID Password Management system,
- Set up your security questions and answers profile, and
- Sep up an initial password that you will use to log in to campus systems.
- Optionally, you can also set up an alternate email or SMS recovery for your account to reset your CampusID using your phone or a personal email.
After activating your CampusID, you'll need to set up Duo Multifactor Authentication. Duo verifies it's really you accessing your accounts. You need a mobile device or telephone number to use with Duo.
Directory Profile Management: Panther Profile lets you manage your online profile in the campus directory and Office 365 faculty and staff email, including:
- Your preferred name
- Office location, or alternate location
- Office phone, or other contact number
Georgia State offers a wide variety of campus visitor accounts that allow faculty and staff to easily host guest speakers or researchers, conduct workshops and courses with attendees from other universities or hold meetings and events.
Student CampusID Password Reset Using campusid.gsu.edu
Faculty and Staff Using a University-Managed Computer
Change your CampusID password from your university-managed computer or laptop, instead of using the online page. This will ensure your password stays synced properly on your device and avoid potential password issues.