Access a Home Drive on a Windows Computer
This document details how to connect to your Home drives on a Windows 7 or Windows 10 Computer, (but however, users with Windows 10 may experience slight differences from what is shown, but the process is still the same). This includes when you connect from on- or off-campus, and if you are trying to access your Home drive from a computer not connected to Active Directory (AD), Georgia State’s campus workstation login authentication system.
Accessing Your Home Drive
- After you log into your machine, your Home drive will be located under the Network Locations section, under My Computer. For Windows 10 users, it will be located in This PC.
- Right-click Computer at the left of a folder window, then select Map network drive.
For Windows 10 users, right-click This PC instead, and then select Map network drive.
- In the Map Network Drive window:
- Select a drive letter (H: for “Home”)
- Enter in the server address \\vstore-home.dmd.gsuad.gsu.edu\home-01\ first letter of your CampusID \ your CampusID \ (e.g.”\\vstore-home.dmd.gsuad.gsu.edu\home-01\j\jsmith1\”)
- Check the Connect using different credentials box. For Windows 10 users, make sure to check Reconnect at Sign-in.
- Click Finish.
- In the Windows Security window:
- Enter gsuad\your CampusID in the username field
- Enter your CampusID password in the password field
- Click OK
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at 404-413-HELP (4357) or [email protected]