Download NVivo on Windows
This post details how to download NVivo your windows workstation.
- A campus Windows machine
Download and Configure NVivo
- Go to our download site and log in with your CampusID and password.
- Find and select the NVivo tab, and then click the NVivo version you wish to download.
- Ensure you have Windows selected from the dropdown, then click Add to Cart.
- Click Check Out.
- Scroll down to the Date section. Enter your Campus email address and your Name in the fields, then click Accept.
- Click Proceed With Order.
- Click Download. Keep this page open; you will need the License Key listed here in step 22.
- If this is your first time downloading software from our Software Download Site, download the Secure Download Manager (SDM) by clicking Download SDM. If you have already downloaded the SDM before, skip to step 14.
- Find and open the SDM_EN.msi file in your Downloads folder.
- In the e5 Secure download manager Setup window, click Next.
- Change the destination folder of the SDM download, if desired. Click Next.
- Click Install.
- When the SDM has finished installing, click Finish.
- Return to the Download Instructions webpage and click Download .SDX.
- Find and open the .SDX file in your Downloads folder.
- In the window that opens, click Start Download.
- The bar will fill as the download completes. When done, click Launch.
- In the NVivo Setup window that appears, click Next.
- Click Next.
- Your computer may prompt you with security warnings, or administrator requests. Approve these requests by clicking “Yes” or “OK” in the pop-up windows, or by entering your computer’s administrator credentials, if prompted. When NVivo finishes installing, click Finish.
- Find and open the NVivo program on your computer. The icon should appear on your desktop.
- Enter the NVivo license key from the webpage in step 7.
- Complete the license activation form and click Activate.
- Click OK.
- In the User Profile window, enter your desired Name and Initials to identify your work, then click OK.
- You may be prompted to download an NVivo update. Select your desired option.
- Your NVivo dashboard:
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357) or [email protected].