NVivo 1: Getting Started
When undertaking qualitative research, it doesn’t take long for things to get messy. You can quickly find yourself buried under interview transcripts, photographs, videos, memos, web sites, articles and other texts. Nvivo is a powerful data collection and analysis tool for the qualitative researcher. In this 90-minute workshop for beginners, we’ll look at strategies for getting your data into the system, setting up preferences for how you want to work, organizational principles, and other tips and tricks.
- Getting to know the NVivo workspace
- Exploring different types of Sources that can be analyzed
- Basic Coding of Text and Multimedia Sources
- Using Queries to explore and code your data
- Recording comments and ideas