Interactive Research Computing (VELA)
Process Linux jobs rapidly, without the need for a scheduler, using VELA. VELA is comprised of three IBM System x3850 X5 Servers, each of which has the following specifications.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 5.5
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-4850
- 4 CPUs (10 cores per CPU), 2.0 GHz processors (with Turbo-Boost up to 2.4 GHz)
- 512 GB RAM
- 64-bit configuration
- Access to 1 TB of scratch storage for jobs
- MATLAB (Matlab Distributed Computing Server 2010b)
- The R Project for Statistical Computing
- VELA01 – vela01.gsu.edu
- VELA02 – vela02.gsu.edu
- VELA03 – vela03.gsu.edu
We are actively exploring ways we can expand VELA and welcome any feedback and guidance you can provide us related to VELA’s progression or any other information technology research initiatives.
Request an account to get started using VELA for your research.Request an Account