Blade Center (OCTANS)
- IBM BladeCenter® H technology
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux version
- HS21XM Blades with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core 2.67GHz processors
- 320 CPU total, 640GB Total RAM
- 2GB RAM per CPU
- 64-bit configuration
- 3.0 Teraflops
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet switch for compute and data network
- Access to 18 Terabytes of storage
Applications and Compilers
- Load Sharing Facility (LSF)
- AMMP (Custom Installation)
- MATLAB (Matlab Distributed Computing Server 2010b)
- The R Project for Statistical Computing
- GNU Compilers - C, C++, Fortran, Java
- Intel Compilers – C & Fortran
Dr. Gennady Cymbalyuk (Physics & Astronomy): Using MATLAB for computational neuroscience research.
Dr. Reza S. Mahani (Finance): Using MATLAB for financial economics, asset pricing, market microstructure, behavioral finance.
Dr. Vladimir Bondarenko (Mathematics & Statistics) Research in dynamical systems, neuronal and cardiac cell models, neural networks, models of cardiac arrhythmias, ion channel models.
Dr. Vikas Agarwal (Finance): Using MATLAB for financial economics and asset pricing, specifically related to computer-intensive portfolio optimization exercise.
Request an account to get started using OCTANS for your research.Request an Account