How to Install SPSS on Mac OS X
This document gives you the instruction of how to download SPSS into your Mac.
Before Installing SPSS
If you plan on using SPSS off campus, you will also need to download the university’s Virtual Private Network.
- An SPSS Installation Disc
- Mac OS X
- Uninstall any existing installation of SPSS that does not have a GSU license
- Connection to the university network
Steps to Install SPSS on Mac OSX
- Insert the SPSS disc, and double-click the disc icon.
- Double-click the SPSS_Statistics_19_mac_en.dmg file.
NOTE: You will get a message window that says Opening ‘SPSS_Statistics_19_mac_en.dmg…’. You can let your computer finish verifying or skip the process.
- Double-click on SPSS_Statistics_Installer.app.
- Enter the administrator’s name and password to allow IBM_SPSS_Statistics_19 to make changes, and click OK.
- Choose your language in the IBM SPSS Statistics screen.
- Click Next on the Introduction screen.
- Select Network license on the License Type screen, and click Next.
- Select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and click Next.
- Enter lablic1 under “License Manager name or Server IP Address”, and click Next.
- In the Customer Information screen:
- Enter your User name in the “User Name” field.
- GSU in the “Organization” field.
- Click Next.
- Click Next on the Choose Install Folder screen.
- Click Install on the Pre-Installation Summary screen.
NOTE: The installation will take a few moments. When the installation is complete, the Install Complete screen in Figure 12 will appear on your computer.
- Click Done to complete the process.
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IS&T Help Center at 404-413-4357 (HELP) or firstname.lastname@example.org.