Connect to GSU Wireless with a Personally-Owned Windows 7 Computer
This document describes how to connect to the GSU wireless network on a personally-owned Windows computer.
Connect to the GSU Wireless Network
- Click on the wireless icon at the far left in the bottom bar, and select the GSU network.
- Click Connect
- In the pop up window that appears:
- Enter your CampusID in the Username field
- Enter your CampusID Password in the Password field
- Click OK
- If your computer still still automatically connects to other networks, such as GSU-Guest, the following steps detail how to remove them from the list of your preferred networks. This will ensure your computer automatically connects to the GSU network. In the Open Network and Sharing Center, right click GSU-Guest
- In the Drop Down Menu, click Properties
- In the Wireless Network Properties window, click Connection
- Under the Connection tab:
- Uncheck the Connect automatically when this network is in range box
- Click OK
- Repeat these steps for any other unused networks
If you have issues connecting to wireless on campus, or would like to tell us about your wireless experiences at Georgia State, please contact us using our wireless feedback form. Georgia State students can visit any of our CATLab locations across all our campuses for in-person support.
Of course, you can also contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at email@example.com, or 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357).