Manually Set Up Your Windows 7 Device for CatChat2x
This document describes the steps to connect to CatChat2x with Windows 7.
- Windows 7 operating system
- Your CampusID and CampusID password
Steps to Connect to CatChat2x with Windows 7
- Click on Windows Start button on the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Select Control Panel.
- Select Small icons in the “View by:” droplist in the Adjust your computer’s settings dialog box.
- Click Network and Sharing Center
- Click Manage wireless networks in the left hand window panel.
- Click the Add button in the Manage wireless networks dialog box.
- Select Manually create a network profile.
- Enter the following information in the Manually connect to a wireless network dialog box:
- Select Change connection settings.
- In the CatChat2x Wireless Network properties dialog box:
- In the Protected EAP Properties dialog box:
- Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any), and click OK.
- Click OK in the Protected EAP Properties dialog box.
- Click OK in the CatChat2x Wireless Network properties dialog box.
NOTE: A notification window will pop up in the system tray indicating that additional information is needed. Click on the notification bubble.
- In the Windows Security dialog box:
- Enter your CampusID and CampusID password
- Click OK
- Once authentication is successful another notification should appear in the system tray (lower right corner of your desktop) indicating that the system has been connected to the CatChat2x wireless network.
NOTE: It may take a few moments for the authentication process to complete.
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IS&T Help Center at (404) 413-HELP (4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org.