Connect to GSU Wireless with a Personally-Owned Windows 7 Computer
This document describes how to connect to the GSU wireless network on a personally-owned Windows computer.
Connect to the GSU Wireless Network
- Click on the wireless icon at the far left in the bottom bar, and select the GSU network.
- In the pop up window that appears:
- Enter your CampusID in the Username field
- Enter your CampusID Password in the Password field
- Click OK
- If your computer still shows CatChat and CatChat2x as Networks, the following steps detail how to remove them from the list of your preferred networks. This will ensure your computer automatically connects to the GSU network. In the Open Network and Sharing Center, right click CatChat2x
- In the Drop Down Menu, click Properties
- In the Wireless Network Properties window, click Connection
- Under the Connection tab:
- Uncheck the Connect automatically when this network is in range box
- Click OK
- Repeat these steps for CatChat and any other unused networks
If you have have questions, or need technical assistance, visit our Wireless Walk-up Window at the Aderhold Computer Room 023 (M-TR: 7:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. ; F: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.) or contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357).