POP/IMAP Settings for Office 365
This document can help you connect an email application to an Office 365 email account using POP or IMAP settings. It describes how to discover the POP or IMAP settings you’ll need to know so that you can set up an email client for use with Office 365.
- Access to the Office 365 web portal
- An email client
- A notepad or other means to make a few temporary notes
Steps to Identify Office 365 Server Name
- Sign in to the Office 365 web client < https://login.microsoftonline.com >.
- Click Options under the Outlook section of your Microsoft portalhome page.
- Click Settings for POP, IMAP, and SMTP access… on the Optionspage.
- Record the Server name, Port, and Encryption method for the type of protocol you wish to use.
- Use this information to configure your email client.