How to Install SPSS on Windows
Before Installing SPSS
- Before you install SPSS, you must determine whether your PC is a 32-bit or a 64-bit computer so you can purchase the correct SPSS installation disc.
- If you plan on using SPSS off campus, you will also need to download the university’s Virtual Private Network for Windows 7 or Windows XP.
- A Windows 32-bit or 64-bit SPSS Installation disk
- Windows computer with Administrator access
- Uninstall any existing installation of SPSS that does not have a GSU license
- Connection to the university network
Steps to Install SPSS on Windows
- Insert the SPSS disc for Windows 32-bit or Windows 64-bit, and double-click on SPSS_Statistics_19_win32_en.
- Enter the administrator’s name and password if prompted.
- Click Next in the IBM SPSS Statistics 19 – InstallShield Wizard dialog box.
- Select Network license (My Organization purchased the product and my administrator….) and then click Next.
- Select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next.
- In the License Manager dialog box:
- Type lablic1 in the License Manager name or Server IPP Address: field
- Click Set
- Click Next
- Click Next to install SPSS in the designated folder
NOTE: You can click Change if you wish to install SPSS to a different folder.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
NOTE: The installation will take a few moments. When the installation is complete, the InstallShield Wizard Completed screen in the next step will appear.
- Click Finish to complete the process.
NOTE: Uncheck the box if you do not want to register for product updates and offer alerts.
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IS&T Help Center at 404-413-4357 (HELP) or email@example.com.