Managing Dept. / Scheduling Accounts
This document contains information for owners of department/scheduling accounts in Office 365. Department/scheduling accounts are departmental and scheduling accounts, which may be shared with multiple people within the organization. An owner of a department/scheduling account can grant and revoke access to the account.
- Owner of a Department/Scheduling Account in Office 365
NOTE: If you would like to create a department/scheduling account and manage the account, please submit a help ticket to request a department/scheduling account.
- Access to Office 365 online
Steps to Manage Department / Scheduling Accounts in Office 365
- Sign in to Office 365 on the web with Outlook Web App < http://login.microsoftonline.com >.
- Click Outlook in the menu bar along the top of the screen.
- Click the gear icon and select Options.
- Click Groups under Options menu at the left.
- Under the section Distribution groups I own, select your group and click the edit (pencil) icon.
EXPLANATION OF DEPARTMENT / SCHEDULING GROUPS
You will see three groups per each department / scheduling account. For instance, John Doe, the owner of firstname.lastname@example.org, will see the following groups:
NOTE: The “-FullAccess” group does not provide that ability to send messages as the department / scheduling mailbox. In order to provide a user with both of these capabilities they must be members of both the “-FullAccess ” and “-SendAs” groups.
- ZZZ scholars-Distribution [Members of this group will receive copies of everything sent to email@example.com. This list is empty by default.]
- ZZZ scholars-FullAccess [members of this group will have full proxy rights to firstname.lastname@example.org including the ability to view/update/delete items in the inbox, calendar, folders, contacts, tasks..)
- ZZZ scholars-SendAs [members of this group will be able to send mail as email@example.com]
- You account management options will appear at the left. To add members, click membership and click the + icon.
- In the pop up window:
- Search for your desired member in the field
- Click the + sign
- Click OK
- Click Save in the bottom right hand corner of the window when you’re done.
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IS&T Help Center at 404-413-HELP (4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org.