How to Install SPSS on Mac OS X
Before Installing SPSS
If you plan on using SPSS off campus, you will also need to download the university’s Virtual Private Network.
- Mac OS X
- Uninstall any existing installation of SPSS that does not have a GSU license
- Connection to the university network
Steps to Install SPSS on Mac OSX
- Insert the SPSS disc, and double-click the disc icon.
- Double-click the SPSS_Statistics_19_mac_en.dmg file.
NOTE: You will get a message window that says ‘Opening “SPSS_Statistics_19_mac_en.dmg…’ You can let your computer finish verifying or skip the process.
Figure 1: Double-click on “SPSS_Statistics_19_mac_en.dmg”
- Double-click on SPSS_Statistics_Installer.app.
Figure 2: Double-click on “SPSS_Statistics_Installer.app”
- Enter the administrator’s name and password to allow IBM_SPSS_Statistics_19 to make changes, and click OK.
Figure 3: Enter your administrator’s name and password, then click “OK”
- Choose your language in the IBM SPSS Statistics screen.
Figure 4: Choose your language
- Click Next on the Introduction screen.
Figure 5: Click “Next” in the Introduction screen
- Select Network license on the License Type screen, and click Next.
Figure 6: Select “Network license” in the License Type screen, then click “Next”
- Select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and click Next.
Figure 7: Select “I accept the terms in the license agreement”, then click “Next”
- Enter lablic1 under “License Manager name or Server IP Address”, and click Next.
Figure 8: Enter “lablic1″ under the License Manager name or Server IP address, then click “Next”
- In the Customer Informationscreen:
- Enter your User name in the “User Name” field.
- GSU in the “Organization” field.
- Click Next.
Figure 9: Enter your information in the Customer Information screen
- Click Next on the Choose Install Folder screen.
Figure 10: Click “Next” on the Choose Install Folder screen
- Click Install on the Pre-Installation Summary screen.
NOTE: The installation will take a few moments. When the installation is complete, the Install Complete screen in Figure 12 will appear on your computer.
Figure 11: Click “Install” on the Pre-Installation Summary screen
- Click Done to complete the process.
Figure 12: Install Complete
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IS&T Help Center at 404-413-4357 (HELP) or email@example.com.