Set up Outlook on Your Mac
This document lists the steps required to configure Microsoft Outlook for use with your Office 365 account.
If you do not have Microsoft Office 2011 for the Mac, faculty and staff can obtain free site-licensed software from the university. Students can download Microsoft Office on their Mac from their PantherMail email account.
- An Office 365 Email Account (campus email account)
- For Outlook 2011: Microsoft Office 2011 installed
- For Outlook 2016: Microsoft Office 2016 installed
Configure Outlook to Work with Office 365
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Click Tools in the Outlook Menu bar, and select Accounts….
- Click the Exchange Account icon in the Accounts dialog box.
- In the Enter your Exchange account information dialog box:
- Enter your campus email address (students will use CampusID@student.gsu.edu) in the Email address field
- Enter your campus email address (students will use CampusID@student.gsu.edu) in the User name field
- Enter your CampusID password in the Password field
- Be sure the Configure automatically box is checked and click Add Account
- Click Allow in the Security dialog box.
- Click the red X in the upper left corner of the Accounts dialog box to exit. After Outlook automatically configures your email account, you will see your email account listed in the left column of the Accounts dialog box.
- If this is not your first time opening Outlook 2016, skip to step 7. When you open Outlook 2016 for the first time, click the next arrow.
- Click Start Using Outlook.
- Click Import to import your old, Outlook 2011 data.
- If prompted, click Quit and Import to close all running Microsoft Programs.
- If prompted, enter your Mac’s Administrator name and password.
- If prompted by pop-up boxes, check the check box and click Allow.
- If you did not import your data, click Outlook along the top bar and select Preferences.
- In the Outlook Preferences window, click Accounts.
- In the accounts window, click the + icon at the bottom left, then select Exchange.
- In the account information window:
- Enter your campus email address in the E-mail address field
- Enter your campus email address and CampusID password in the Username and Password field
- When finished, click Add Account.
If you have questions, or need technical assistance, contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at email@example.com or 404-413-HELP (4357).