Installing the VPN with AnyConnect on Mac
This document describes the steps to install Cisco AnyConnect VPN for Mac OS X.
- Mac OS X 10.10.5 or later
- Local administrator access if not installing from Managed Software Center
- Your CampusID and CampusID password.
NOTE: If you have forgotten your CampusID password, visit campusid.gsu.edu
- Installing the Anyconnect Client Manually (for students and personally owned computers)
- Installing via Managed Software Center (for IT technicians and GSU owned computers)
- Connecting and Disconnecting
- Uninstalling the Client
DIRECTIONS FOR THE ANYCONNECT SECURE MOBILITY CLIENT
- Open your browser and go to GSU’s Download Center.
- Log in using your CampusID and password.
- Click either the Studnet or the Faculty and Staff tab, find and click Cisco, then select Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client.
- Choose Mac as your platform, then click Add to Cart.
- Click Check Out.
- Enter your Campus email address and type your name in the boxes provided, then click I Accept.
NOTE: If you have forgotten your CampusID password, visit http://campusid.gsu.edu
- Click Proceed with Order.
- Click DOWNLOAD LINK.
- Click DOWNLOAD on the following page.
- Find and select the downloaded AnyConnect file, then click AnyConnect to begin the installation.
- Click Continue.
- Click Continue. A dialog box will appear afterwards to ensure the License Agreement. Click Agree.
- Click Continue.
- Click Install.
- Enter the administrator’s username and password. Click OK.
- Click Close.
And then to sign in to with your CampusID and Password:
Managed Mac systems owned by GSU can install the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client using Managed Software Center. (Some IT groups deploy the AnyConnect client automatically.) To install via Managed Software Center:
- Connect your Mac to the GSU campus network, via CatChat2x Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Open Managed Software Center from the Applications folder, or by searching for it in Launchpad.
- Search for Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client as shown, then click Install. You can watch installation progress by clicking the Updates tab.
- Open the Cisco AnyConnect client
- If necessary, enter secureaccess.gsu.edu as shown, then click Connect.
- Choose a group from the drop-down menu, enter your Campus ID and password, and click OK.
- To disconnect, simply open the Cisco AnyConnect client and click disconnect, or use the icon in the menu bar. (Note that the icon in the menu bar is only present while the app is open.)
To remove the Cisco AnyConnect client:
- If the Anyconnect client is open, quit the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- In the Finder, open the Applications folder, then open the Cisco folder located inside. Locate and open the Uninstall AnyConnect app.
- When asked to confirm, click Uninstall and authenticate as a local administrator.
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IS&T Help Center at (404) 413-HELP (4357) or email@example.com.