Connect to GSU Wireless on a Personally-Owned Apple iOS Device
This document describes how to connect to the GSU wireless network on an a personally-owned iOS device.
Connect to the GSU Wireless Network
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Under your Settings, tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap GSU.
- Enter your CampusID and Password in the appropriate field, and then tap Join.
- In the Certificate screen, tap Trust.
- If your device still automatically connects to other networks, such as GSU-Guest, these steps detail how to remove them from the list of your preferred networks. This will ensure your phone automatically connects to the GSU network. Tap the i next to the GSU-Guest network in your wifi list.
- Tap Forget This Network, and then tap Forget Network in the screen that pops up. Repeat for any other undesired networks.
If you have issues connecting to wireless on campus, or would like to tell us about your wireless experiences at Georgia State, please contact us using our wireless feedback form. Georgia State students can visit any of our CATLab locations across all our campuses for in-person support.
Of course, you can also contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357).