Manually Setup Your Mac OS X Device for CatChat2X
This document describes the steps to connect to CatChat2x with Mac OS X. If you configure your system to access CatChat2x while off campus, steps 9-12 will not apply until you are on campus and near a CatChat2x access point.
- Mac OS X operating system
- Your CampusID and CampusID password
Steps to Connect to CatChat2x with Mac OS X
- Click on the Apple Menu button and select System Preferences.
- Click Network in the System Preferences dialog box.
- Click Advanced on the bottom right of the Network dialog box.
- Select the AirPort tab, then click the + button.
- In the pop-up window:
- Enter CatChat2x in the Network Name field
- Select WPA2 Enterprise on the Security droplist.
- Click Add.
- Click OK to continue.
NOTE: You should now see “CatChat2x” listed under “Preferred Networks”.
- Click Apply to save your settings.NOTE: If you are in range of a CatChat2x access point, you will be prompted to enter your CampusID and CampusID password. Follow steps 9-12 to access CatChat2x.
- In the Authenticating to network “CatChat2x” dialog box:
- Enter your CampusID in the “Please enter your user name” field.
- Enter your CampusID password in the “Please enter your password” field.
- Click OK.
- Click Show Certificate to verify that the certificate for CatChat2x is valid.
- Check that the This certificate is valid, then click Continue.
- In the security dialog box:
NOTE: Setup is now complete. To verify that you are connected, follow steps 1 and 2 of this document again. Your “Network” should now look like the following image when “AirPort” is selected.
- Enter your local user name in the “Name” field.
- Enter your password in the “Password” field.
NOTE: This is the account credentials you use to log in to your Mac.
- Click OK.
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IS&T Help Center at (404) 413-HELP (4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org.