Connect to GSU Wireless on a Personally-Owned Mac
This document describes how to connect to the GSU wireless network on a personally-owned Mac.
Connect to the GSU Wireless Network
- Click on the wireless icon in the top tool bar, and select the GSU network.
- In the pop up window that appears, enter your CampusID and CampusID Password, then click OK.
- If prompted by a Verify Certificate popup, click Show Certificate, verify the certificate is valid, then click Continue.
- After verifying the certificate, you may be prompted for your Mac’s Administrator Username and Password. Enter your Mac’s Admin credentials and click OK.
- To ensure that your computer connects automatically to GSU and not CatChat2x, you should remove CatChat2x from the list of your preferred networks. Click the icon at the top right in your Mac toolbar.
- Click Open Network Preferences.
- Click Advanced.
- In the Wi-Fi window:
- Select CatChat2x
- Click the “—” sign
- Click OK
- Find and select the GSU network and drag it to the top of the menu.
- Click OK
If you have have questions, or need technical assistance, visit our Wireless Walk-up Window at the Aderhold Computer Room 023 (M-TR: 7:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. ; F: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.) or contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357).