Connect to GSU Wireless on a Personally-Owned Android
This document describes how to connect to the GSU wireless network on a personally-owned Android device.
Connect to the GSU Network
- Find and open the Settings app on your phone.
- In your phone’s Settings, tap the Wifi option.
- Tap the 3-dot options icon at the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Tap Add Network.
- In the Add network popup:
- Enter GSU in the Network Name field
- Choose 802.1x EAP for Security
- Swipe to scroll down to reveal additional options.
- For your credentials section:
- Enter your CampusID for the Identity field
- Reenter your CampusID in the Anonymous Identity field
- Enter your CampusID Password in the Password field
- Tap Save
- Your phone should automatically begin connecting to the GSU network.
- If your device still shows CatChat and CatChat2x as Networks, this step details how to remove them from the list of your preferred networks. This will ensure your computer automatically connects to the GSU network. Select and forget CatChat2x from your Wifi list. Repeat for CatChat.
If you have have questions, or need technical assistance, visit our Wireless Walk-up Window at the Aderhold Computer Room 023 (M-TR: 7:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. ; F: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.) or contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at email@example.com, or 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357).