Installing McAfee Anti-virus on GSU-Owned Mac Computers
This page lists the steps to install McAfee AntiVirus on a GSU-owned Mac computer.
- Mac computer with an Intel processor
- 1 GB or more of RAM
- Minimum 300 MB of free disk space (500 MB recommended)
- Mac OS X Leopard 10.5 or higher
- Your administrator account username and password
- Your CampusID and password
Help and Known Issues
For known issues, see the KnowledgeBase article in the following URL: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB75475
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Help Center at 404-413-4357 (HELP) or e-mail the Help Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to Install McAfee Security on Mac
- Log in at gsu.onthehub.com with your CampusID and Password.
- Click the McAfee tab.
- Select McAfee Security 1.2 for Macintosh
- Click Add To Cart next to the version that is for a “GSU-Owned Computer”.
- Click Check Out.
- Fill out your Information, then click I Accept.
- Fill out your Order Information, then Click Proceed with Order
- Click Download Link.
- Click Download.
- When prompted, enter your CampusID and Password.
- Navigate to the downloaded file in your downloads folder.
- Press Control, then click the file and select Open.
- If the Unidentified Developer warning window pops up, click Open.
- Click Continue in the Introduction window.
- Read the Important Information and click Continue.
- Click Continue in the End User License Agreement window.
- Click Agree in the pop-up window.
- Click Install to perform standard installation of the software.
- Type your administrator’s name and password to allow the Installer to make changes, then click OK.
- Click Continue Installation in the pop-up window.
- Click Restart to finish installing the software.