Getting ready to start at Georgia State:
Step 1: Activate your CampusID
You’ll use your CampusID to access many technical systems on campus, including the wireless network and email.
PantherMail is your student email account and is the email address at which you’ll receive official notifications from the university.
GSU offers free anti-virus software to help protect your computer and the university’s network when you use your computer on campus.
Shopping for a new computer? Take advantage of these discounts available to members of the GSU community.
Step 5: Get the GSU app
Stay up-to-date with the latest campus news and sports using the GSU mobile app!
As a new GSU student, there are a few policies at Georgia State you should know about. Be sure to read:
- Systems Use Policy – Find out more about how to use university IT systems safely and appropriately.
- Distribution of Official Georgia State Notifications – Your PantherMail email account will be an important venue of communication with the university. Be sure to keep up with it.
After you arrive at Georgia State:
The CatChat2x wireless network is available nearly anywhere on campus, and you can log in using your CampusID and password.
At GSU, faculty may choose to use the central online learning management system, Desire2Learn, to offer or supplement courses virtually.
(Please note that you will not be able to log in to Desire2Learn until 24 hours after you register for your first class.)
Step 3: Set up your LockerBox account
This online space is a great way to store or backup files or assignments.
Student computer labs and stations for printing (Panther Print) are available at many locations across campus.
The IS&T Help Center is your front-line resource for help and technical support. Contact the IS&T Help Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-413-4357 (HELP).
- Lynda.com – Train online with video tutorials in areas such as animation, audio and video editing, software development, photography, and graphic and web design.
- Training Workshops – In-Person training in popular programs and tools.
- SkillSoft – Get online training and accreditation for technical and business skills.
- Digital Aquarium – Experience multimedia by checking out video equipment, attending audio and video editing workshops, or using the available recording studio in this high-end computer lab.
- iTunes U – Download podcasts and other academic material from GSU’s iTunesU account.