Microsoft Teams on Mac
This document describes how to download and use Microsoft Teams desktop application on a Mac computer.
- Faculty or Staff campus email account
- If haven’t already, we suggest you follow our instructions for getting started before downloading the desktop client
Using Microsoft Teams
- Log in to your Faculty or Staff campus email with your CampusID and CampusID Password
- Click the Microsoft Apps box at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Find and select the Teams app in the list of Microsoft Apps.
- Click your profile icon at the bottom-right corner of the page, then click Download the desktop app.
- Open your Downloads folder, then find and open the downloaded file.
- Drag Microsoft Teams into your Applications folder.
- Open the applications folder. Find and open the Microsoft Teams application.
- Click Open in the pop-up when to authorize your computer to open the application.
- Enter your Campus Email Address and press enter to link the Microsoft Teams to your Outlook account.
- Enter your CampusID and CampusID Password.
- Microsoft Teams will now be accessible from your desktop.
Click the corresponding tab at the left of the screen to access each section:
- Activity Tab
Your recent notifications, such as likes, mentions, and chat replies, will show up here in the Activity tab.
- Chat Tab
Start chats with your coworkers, including voice calls, video calls, and sharing files.
- Teams Tab
View and chat with your Teams and create new teams.
- Meetings Tab
View your upcoming Outlook meetings.
- Files Tab
View and access your OneDrive files.
If you have questions, or need technical assistance, contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at email@example.com or 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357).