Get Started with Microsoft Teams
This document describes how to find and use the Microsoft Teams app from your web browser, and how to set up Microsoft Teams the first time you log in.
- Faculty or Staff campus email account
- Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, the latest version of Chrome, or the latest version of Firefox. Safari is not currently supported.
- Find Microsoft Teams in your Campus Email Account
- Using Microsoft Teams
- Download Microsoft Teams on your Desktop or Mobile Device
Using Microsoft Teams
- Log in to your Faculty or Staff campus email with your CampusID and CampusID Password
- Click the Microsoft Apps box at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Find and select the Teams app in the list of Microsoft Apps.
- Your first time opening the app you will be asked to create your first team:
- Enter a team name
- Enter a brief description of your team
- Choose a Privacy setting
- Click Create team
- In the next screen, add coworkers to your team:
- Enter the name of your desired teammate
- Select your teammate from the dropdown
- Click Add
- Click through the next few screens to start using Microsoft Teams.
When finished adding team members, click Done.
Click the corresponding tab at the left of the screen to access each section:
- Activity Tab
Your recent notifications, such as likes, mentions, and chat replies, will show up here in the Activity tab.
- Chat Tab
Start chats with your coworkers, including voice calls, video calls, and sharing files.
- Teams Tab
View and chat with your Teams and create new teams.
- Meetings Tab
View your upcoming Outlook meetings.
- Files Tab
View and access your OneDrive files.
Access Microsoft Teams from any of your devices.
- Download Microsoft Teams on Windows
- Download Microsoft Teams on a Mac
- Download Microsoft Teams on an Android
- Download Microsoft Teams an iOS Device
If you have questions, or need technical assistance, contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357).