Microsoft Teams on Windows
This document details how to download and use the Microsoft Teams desktop application on a Windows computer. These instructions are applicable to both Windows 7 and Windows 10, though some of the screens may look slightly different.
- Faculty or Staff campus email account
- If haven’t already, we suggest you follow our instructions for getting started before downloading the desktop client
Download Microsoft Teams
- Log in to your Faculty or Staff campus email with your CampusID and CampusID Password
- Within your Email Inbox, click
- Click Teams
- Click your profile icon at the bottom-right corner of the page, then click Download the desktop app.
- Open your Downloads folder, then find and open the downloaded file.
- In the Pop-up Window, click Run
- In the Login to Microsoft Teams window, enter your CampusID@gsu.edu campus email to be redirected to the correct login page
- In the Sign In page:
- Enter your Campus ID and Password
- Click Sign in
- Microsoft Teams will now be accessible from the desktop
Click the corresponding tab at the left of the screen to access each section:
- Activity Tab
Your recent notifications, such as likes, mentions, and chat replies, will show up here in the Activity tab.
- Chat Tab
Start chats with your coworkers, including voice calls, video calls, and sharing files.
- Teams Tab
View and chat with your Teams and create new teams.
- Meetings Tab
View your upcoming Outlook meetings.
- Files Tab
View and access your OneDrive files.
If you have questions, or need technical assistance, contact the IIT Technology Services Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-413-HELP (4357)