Problems With Connecting to GSU Wireless on an Android
This document explains how to resolve common problems that may prevent a user from connecting to the GSU wireless network on a personally-owned Android device.
- I can’t connect to GSU Wireless.
- My device keeps connecting to GSU-Guest or another network other than GSU
Common Problems With Connecting to GSU Wireless
If you are having trouble connecting to the GSU wireless network, removing the network from your list of networks, and then reconnecting, can sometimes help to resolve login issues.
Here’s how to forget the GSU network and add it to your device again.
- If you know that your password is not expired, and you still have problems with connecting to GSU Wireless, try to forget the GSU network and reconnect to enter your new CampusID password.
- Find and open the Settings app on your phone.
- In your phone’s Settings, tap the Wifi option.
- Tap GSU from your wireless list.
- Tap Forget.
- Find and tap GSU from the wifi list.
- When prompted, enter your CampusID and your new CampusID password.
If your device keeps connecting to a network other than GSU, the GSU network may not be set as your default wireless network, or another wireless network may automatically connect.
- Find and open the Settings App on your phone.
- In your phone’s Settings, tap the Wi-Fi option.
- Find the GSU wireless network in the list of available networks and tap it.
- In the popup, tap forget.
- Find GSU wireless network in the list of available networks and tap it.
- In the new popup:
- Find the GSU-Guest network or the other network that your device defaults to other than GSU in the list of available networks and tap it.
- In the new popup, tap Forget
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for any other networks you used on campus.
If you have issues connecting to wireless on campus, or would like to tell us about your wireless experiences at Georgia State, please contact us using our wireless feedback form. Georgia State students can visit any of our CATLab locations across all our campuses for in-person support.
Of course, you can also contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357).