Installing Skype for Business on Windows
This document details how to download or update, and log in to to Skype for Business on Windows 7 or Windows 10.
- Download the Skype for Business Update
- Log In to Skype for Business
- Download and Install the Newest Version of the Microsoft Office Suite to get Skype for Business
- Campus Email Account
Skype for Business on Windows
- Go to the Skype for Business update page.
- Download either the 32-bit update version or 64-bit update version based off of your corresponding Microsoft Office version.
- Click the Download button on the update version’s download page.
- After the download is complete, find and open the download in your Downloads Folder. If prompted, click Run in the security pop up box.
- After the update is finished installing, restart your machine for the changes to take effect.
- Open the Skype for Business Desktop Client.
- Enter your Campus Email Address and click Sign In.
- Enter your CampusID Password and click Sign In.
- Log in to your campus email with your CampusID and Password.
- Be sure that you are in your inbox, and not another feature, such as OneDrive.
- At the top right corner, click the icon, and then click Office 365 Settings.
- Click Software.
- Click Install.
- If a message window pops up, click Run.
- Click Next.
- Choose an Option whether to send information to Microsoft, and then click Accept.
- Choose either:
- Sign In if you want to sync your documents to online SkyDrive account
- No thanks, maybe later if you want to proceed to install without syncing documents
- Click Next.
- Select an Office look, if desired, then click Next.
- Choose an option, Take a look or No, thanks.
- When Office is finished installing, click All Done.
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org.