Download NVivo on your Mac
This post details how to download and install NVivo 10 or 11 on a Mac. NVivo 11 has been used for the screen shots below; steps to download and install NVivo 10 are similar.
- Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion) and above
- Log in to our Software Download Site with your CampusID and CampusID Password.
- Find and select the Nvivo software tab, then select the version of Nvivo you wish to download and install.
- Select Mac from the dropdown.
- Click Check Out.
- Enter your Campus Email Address and your name as it appears below the fields, then click Accept.
- Click Proceed With Order.
- Under the Downloads section, click Download. Keep this window open; you will need the NVivo license key listed here in step 22.
- If this is your first time downloading software from our Software download site, click the Download SDM button to download the Secure Download Manager. If you have already downloaded the SDM, skip to step 12.
- Find and open the SDM.dmgfile in your Downloads folder.
- In the SecureDownloadManager window, drag the Secure Download Manager icon into the Applications folder icon.
- In the warning pop-up window, click Open.
- After the SDM finishes downloading, return to the Software Download page and click Download .SDX.
- Find and open the .sdx file in your Downloads folder.
- In the Secure Download Manager window, click Start Download.
- The bar in the Secure Download Manager window will fill as the software downloads. Once finished, click Launch.
- In the QSR_Nvivo-11.4. window, click the QSR_Nvivo-11.4.1.dmg file.
- In the NVivo window that opens, drag the NVivo icon into the Applications folder icon.
- Find and open NVivo in your Applications folder.
- Click Open.
- Enter your Mac’s administrator name and password, and then click OK to continue.
- Click Agree.
- For the next set up step you will need your product key. Enter the NVivo License Key from step 7, and then click Next.
- Complete the license activation information, and then click Activate
- In the window that appears, click OK.
- Enter your name and initials for your NVivo user profile. Click Continue.
- You may be prompted to download an NVivo update. Select your option from the pop-up window.
- Your NVivo dashboard:
You will need your computer’s administrator name and password to complete the installation. If you do not have administrative access to your computer, please contact your local IT support, or the IIT Technology Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357).
Download and Configure NVivo
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357) or email@example.com.