Download the OneDrive for Mac Client
This post outlines how to download the OneDrive desktop client on a Mac.
- Mac OS X 10.10.5 or later
- CampusID and CampusID Password
- Installing OneDrive on a Personally-Owned Mac
- Installing OneDrive on a Mac Provided by GSU
- Logging in to your OneDrive After Installation
Downloading OneDrive Client for Mac
- Find the OneDrive app on the Mac App Store. (If prompted, click “Launch” after clicking the link.)
- Click Get, then click Install App.If prompted, enter your Apple ID username and password
- After the app finishes installing, click here to download the GSU OneDrive configuration profile.
- Find and open the downloaded GSU OneDrive Configuration Profile.zip file.
- After the file has “unzipped”, open the folder and click and open the GSU-OneDrive-Settings.mobileconfig file inside.
- In the Profiles window, click Continue.
- Click Install.
- Follow the steps for logging in to OneDrive after installation.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Open the Managed Software Center from the Applications folder, or by searching for it in Launchpad.
- Search for Microsoft OneDrive, then click Install. You can watch the installation progress by clicking the Updates tab.
- Open Microsoft OneDrive from the Applications folder, or by searching for it in Launchpad.
- When the Set up OneDrive message appears, enter your campus email address and click Sign In.
- In the GSU login window, enter your CampusID and CampusID Password.
- OneDrive keeps the contents of a folder you choose synchronized with Microsoft servers and your other devices. Click Choose OneDrive Folder Location.
- We recommend that you choose your home directory (as shown below), but you may store your OneDrive folder anywhere you like. Select a Folder, then click Choose this Location.
- Confirm your choice by clicking Next.
- Choose the contents of your OneDrive folder that you would like to sync. We recommend you choose Sync all files and folders in OneDrive, especially if you followed our previous recommendation by creating a OneDrive folder in your home directory. Click Next.
- Check the Open at Login box as shown below so that the OneDrive app can keep your OneDrive folder synchronized with Microsoft servers and your other devices. Click the Open my OneDrive button to finish the setup assistant.
- Access your OneDrive client by clicking the OneDrive icon in the menu bar.
- Click the Folder icon to open your OneDrive folder.
- Click the Gear icon to access OneDrive menu.
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at 404-413-HELP (4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org.