Recording a Lecture using Panopto for Windows
This document describes the steps to record and download a video using Panopto for Windows’ operating systems.
- Working microphone and camera
- Panopto’s recorder
Don’t have Panopto? Windows Download
- Active iCollege account
- Log in to iCollege.
- In the iCollege home screen:
- Click “Select a course…”
- In the drop-down menu select your course
- In your course’s page:
- In the new Panopto window:
- In the Record a new session window click Launch Panopto.
- In the Panopto Recorder window:
- Name the session
- Select the recording options. You can choose to record your desktop, record audio and video, and even record a PowerPoint.
- Click RECORD
- When finished with your recording, click STOP.
- Your video will take a few seconds to upload to your iCollege course. Please be sure you remain connected to the Internet.
- When the upload is complete, your students will be able to view them by selecting Panopto from the Learning Tools menu in iCollege in the same way you did. Once they are in Panopto, the recordings will appear.
If you plan to record a lecture that will be seen by an audience outside of your class, we recommend you download the video from Panopto, and upload it into Kaltura before inserting it into your course.
- After you finish recording a session, the following options will appear.
- Click View.
- In the internet browser, click the “Share” icon.
- In the following window, click Outputs, then click Download Podcast.
- When the video is successfully downloaded it will appear in your downloads folder.
- From here, you can upload the file into Kaltura, and then insert the link into your iCollege course: Add Media to your iCollege Course with Kaltura
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org.