Recording a Lecture Using Panopto for Mac
This document describes the steps to record a lecture using Panopto for Mac OS X operating systems.
- Working microphone and camera
Don’t have Panopto? Mac Download
- Active iCollege account
- Log in to iCollege.
- In the iCollege home screen:
- In your course’s page:
- In the new Panopto window:
- In the Record a new session window click Launch Panopto.
- The Panopto will open. In the Panopto Recorder window:
- Select a Folder to store the video
- Name your Session
- Select the Audio Source
- Select the Video Source
- Select the Recording Options for the video. You can choose to record your desktop, audio and video, and even a PowerPoint presentation
- Click Record
- When finished recording, click Stop.
- In the following Panopto window your recording will appear; it will take a few moments for the video to upload and be available. Once the status of the video is “Complete”, students can view your recording by selecting Panopto from the Learning Tools menu in iCollege in the same way you did.
If you plan to record a lecture that will be seen by an audience outside of your class, we recommend you download the video from Panopto, and upload it into Kaltura before inserting it into your course.
- After you finish recording a session, and the Status of the video says Completed, click View Online.
- In the internet browser, click the “Share” icon.
- In the following window, click Outputs, then click Download Podcast.
NOTE: It may take a while for these options to appear.
- When the video is successfully downloaded it will appear in your downloads folder.
- From here, you can upload the file into Kaltura, and then insert the link into your iCollege course: Add Media to your iCollege Course with Kaltura
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357) or email@example.com.