Manually Setup Mac OS X for Eduroam
This document describes how to manually connect to the Eduroam wireless network with Mac OS X.
- Mac OS X operating system
- Your Campus email address and CampusID password
Steps to Connect to Eduroam with Mac OS X
- Click on the Apple Menu button and select System Preferences.
- Click Network in the System Preferences dialog box.
- Click Advanced on the bottom right of the Network dialog box.
- Select the AirPort tab, then click the + button.
- In the pop-up window:
- Enter eduroam in the Network Name field
- Select WPA2 Enterprise on the Security droplist
- Click Add
- Click OK to continue.
NOTE: You should now see “Eduroam” listed under “Preferred Networks”.
- Click Apply to save your settings.
- In the Authenticating to network “eduroam” dialog box:
- Enter your Campus email address in the “Please enter your user name” field.
- Enter your CampusID password in the “Please enter your password” field.
- Click OK.
- To save your settings, In the security dialog box:
NOTE: These are your personal account credentials you use to log in to your Mac.NOTE: Setup is now complete. To verify that you are connected, follow steps 1 and 2 of this document again. Your “Network” should now look like the following image when “AirPort” is selected.
- Enter your local user name in the “Name” field.
- Enter your password in the “Password” field.
- Click OK.
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at (404) 413-HELP (4357) or email@example.com.