Requesting a Guest Wireless Account
This document gives you the steps on how to request a guest account to connect to Campus Wireless using your desktop or mobile device.
Requesting a Guest Account for Wireless
- Click on your computer’s wireless icon (lower-right corner for Windows, upper-right corner for Macs), and select the GSU-Guest wireless network.
- Open a new browser window. If you do not immediately arrive at the login page, try navigating to a webpage, such as Google.
- Click Request an Account above the log in box.
- In the Visitor Registration box:
- Enter Your Name
- Enter Your Email Address
- Enter the Password you want for your account
- Enter Your Sponsor’s Email, or enter your sponsor’s name.
- Enter your Phone Number and Mobile Carrier if you want to receive account approval confirmation via a SMS text message
- Check the Agreement Box
- Click Create Account
- You will arrive on a page indicating your account is awaiting approval. An email will be sent to your sponsor to approve your guest account, and you will be notified by email (or SMS text if your supplied your phone number) when your sponsor approves your request.
- You can either wait for the Log In button on the Visitor Registration Receipt page to activate, indicating your account has been approved, or you can return later to the GSU-Guest wireless network when you have received your approval notification and log in with the credentials you created. Your account will be active for one week from the time it is approved.
If you have questions or need technical assistance, please contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357).