Set Up a Quiz with LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor
This document details the steps to require Respondus Monitor for your quiz. If you need to require that a certain group of students use Respondus Monitor to take a quiz at home, for example, you will need to duplicate the quiz, then require that this duplicated quiz use Respondus Monitor, using the instructions below.
Using Respondus Monitor
- Log in to Brightspace.
- Go to your course. Under your Content Browser, click Respondus Monitor.
- Click LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor Dashboard.
- In the pop up window, click Continue.
- In the quiz for which you wish to require Respodus Monitor:
- In the settings menu:
- Check the button for Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam and if not already populated, check the box for Require LockDown Browser to view feedback and results
- Check the button for Require Respondus Monitor for this exam
- Choose Startup Sequence. This is the sequence of events Respondus Monitor will require of your students before they can begin the quiz.
- Webcam check: ensures your student’s web camera is working properly with Respondus Monitor
- Student Photo: Requires the student take a picture of their student ID
- Show ID: Requires that the student take a picture of another form of ID
- Environment Check: Requires that the student swivel their camera to capture their surrounding area
- Additional Instructions: If desired, you can include additional instructions for your students
- Click Save and Close
- Go back to List of Quizzes in the Respondus dashboard.
- Click the icon, and then click Video Review.
- A list of all your students will appear. Click the [ + ] sign to review their recorded quiz videos.
If you have have questions, or need technical assistance, please contact the IS&T Help Center at email@example.com, or 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357).