Access a Department Shared Drive on Windows
This document details how to connect to your depart shared drives on a Windows 7 or Windows 10 Computer (however, Windows 10 computers will look slightly different). This includes when you connect from on- or off-campus, and if you are trying to access a drive with a computer not connected to Active Directory (AD), Georgia State’s campus workstation login authentication system.
Accessing Your Drives
- After you log into your machine, your drives will be located under the Network Locations section, under My Computer.
- Right-click Computer at the left of a folder window, then select Map network drive. For Windows 10 users, right-click This PC instead, and then select Map network drive.
- In the Map Network Drive window:
NOTE: If you do not know your department server address, you can look it up. You will need to sign in with your campus email address and CampusID password to view the document. Please refresh the page should it load first as a jumble of incomprehensible symbols.
- Select a drive letter
- Enter in your department server address
- Uncheck the Reconnect at logon box
- Check the Connect using different credentials box. For Windows 10 users, uncheck Reconnect at Sign-in instead.
- Click Finish
- In the Windows Security window:
- Enter gsuad\your CampusID in the username field
- Enter your CampusID password in the password field
- Click OK
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at 404-413-HELP (4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org.