Troubleshooting Your Online Access to Email
Steps to Troubleshoot Your Online Access to Email
Various issues with browser compatibility have been reported with the online access to Office 365 accounts, especially from users using FireFox. If you are using any browser, however, and are missing buttons, sections, or other functions, here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot your account.
If you are missing your top menu bar, or your “Reply” options, try pressing Control (for Windows), or Command (for Mac) plus the minus key to zoom out your screen. This has helped make the hidden options appear.
If you are using a Skype tool bar, or have additional add ons or extensions active in your browser, you might need to disable them to reveal hidden options.
- Some issues reported have ben due to unsupported browsers, especially FireFox. If you’re having trouble with your online interface, try updating to the latest version of your browser.
If your problems still persist after updating your browser, you may need to use a different browser for the time being. Microsoft is working to address Office 365’s browser-related issues.
- You can also try to switch your Office 365 interface to “Light” mode. The light version is a simpler version of Office 365 that may offer functionality if you’re using a browser that does not support the Premium Outlook interface. However, the “Light” version does not have access to Lync or SkyDrive Pro.
Of course, you can always contact the IS&T Help Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-413-HELP (4357) with any questions or problems.
Switching to and From Office 365 Light
- Click the gear icon and select Display settings.
- In the Display settings:
- Click Outlook Web App version
- Check the Use the light version of Outlook Web App box
- Click OK
- The next time you log in, you should see a noticeable change in the interface. If you do not see this upon logging in, click SkyDrive in the top menu, and then click Outlook. This should refresh your inbox and switch you over to the light version.
- Click Options in the top right corner.
- In the Options screen:
- Select Outlook Web App Version in the left-hand navigation
- Unselect the Use the light version of Outlook Web App box
- Click Save
- The next time you log in (log out using the link in the top-right corner of the light version), you’ll see the new interface again.
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IS&T Help Center at 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357) or email@example.com.