Download NVivo on Your Campus Workstation
This post details how to download NVivo on the windows workstation you use on campus.
- A campus Windows machine
- Determine whether you computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
Download and Configure NVivo
- Go to our download site and log in with your CampusID and password.
- Select the correct version of NVivo for your computer. Determine your Windows system type (32 or 64 bit)
- Select Click Here For License Key.
- Copy the provided license key for later use.
- Click Start Download.
- Once the download is complete, in your Downloads folder, right-click the NVivo10x installer and select Run as administrator.
NOTE: The installer will include 32 or 64 depending on the file you installed (ex.”NVivo10x32″)
- Click Run in the Open File – Security Warning dialog box.
- Click Next in the License Agreement window.
- Click Next in the following window.
- Click Install.
- SQL Server
- K2 Client (necessary to track NVivo clients in use)
- NVivo 10
- Click Finish.
- In the following screen, Select the Enter NVivo license key option and enter the license key from Step 4.
- In the License Activation window, fill out the required information (marked by a red star) and click Activate.
- Click OK in the success window.
- In the User Profile window, enter your name and initials and click OK.
NOTE:Over the next several minutes, the package will install NVivo and a few background applications necessary to run NVivo. If you receive popup warnings requesting nstallation permissions on your computer for the following items, click Yes:
NOTE: NVivo has a set amount of licenses that can be simultaneously active on campus. If you receive a KeyAccess error message when you start NVivo:
all campus licenses are currently in use and you will have to start the program later
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IS&T Help Center at 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357) or email@example.com.