Download NVivo on Your Campus Workstation
This post details how to download NVivo on the windows workstation you use on campus.
- A campus Windows machine
- Determine whether you computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
Download and Configure NVivo
- Go to our download site and log in with your CampusID and password.
- Select the correct version of NVivo for your computer. Determine your Windows system type (32 or 64 bit)
- Select Click Here For License Key.
- Copy the provided license key for later use.
- Click Start Download.
- Once the download is complete, in your Downloads folder, right-click the NVivo10x installer and select Run as administrator.
NOTE: The installer will include 32 or 64 depending on the file you installed (ex.”NVivo10x32″)
- Click Run in the Open File – Security Warning dialog box.
- Click Next in the License Agreement window.
- Click Next in the following window.
- Click Install.
- SQL Server
- K2 Client (necessary to track NVivo clients in use)
- NVivo 10
- Click Finish.
- In the following screen, Select the Enter NVivo license key option and enter the license key from Step 4.
- In the License Activation window, fill out the required information (marked by a red star) and click Activate.
- Click OK in the success window.
- In the User Profile window, enter your name and initials and click OK.
NOTE:Over the next several minutes, the package will install NVivo and a few background applications necessary to run NVivo. If you receive popup warnings requesting nstallation permissions on your computer for the following items, click Yes:
NOTE: NVivo has a set amount of licenses that can be simultaneously active on campus. If you receive a KeyAccess error message when you start NVivo:
all campus licenses are currently in use and you will have to start the program later
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org.