Download NVivo on Your Campus Workstation
This post details how to download NVivo on the windows workstation you use on campus.
- A campus Windows machine
- Determine whether you computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
Download and Configure NVivo
- Go to our download site and log in with your CampusID and password.
- Select the correct version of NVivo for your computer.
Determine your Windows system type (32 or 64 bit)
- Jot down the license key to use later and click Download.
- In your Downloads folder, right-click the NVivo10x installer and select Run as administrator.
NOTE: The installer will include 32 or 64 depending on the file you installed (ex.”NVivo10x32″)
- Click Run in the Open File – Security Warning dialog box.
- Click Accept in the License Agreement window.
- Click Install in the following window.
- After a few moments, a command window will appear. Hit any key to continue.
- Over the next several minutes, the package will install NVivo and a few background applications necessary to run NVivo. If you receive popup warnings requesting installation permissions on your computer for the following items, click Yes:
- SQL Server
- K2 Client (necessary to track NVivo clients in use)
- NVivo 10
- After the installation process is complete, you will be prompted to restart your computer in the command window. Hit any key to continue and restart your computer.
- After your computer restarts, click the QRS NVivo 10 icon on your desktop.
- In the Welcome to NVivo window:
- Select the Enter NVivo license key option and enter the license key
- Click OK
- In the License Activation window, fill out the required information (marked by a red star and click Activate. Click the image below for a larger version to view the suggested dropdown options.
- Click OK in the success window.
- In the User Profile window, enter your name and initials and click OK.
- Now, or later, when you open NVivo, you might be prompted to download an update.
all campus licenses are currently in use and you will have to start the program later
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IS&T Help Center at 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org.