Install SAS on Windows 7
This document lists the steps to install SAS on a Windows 7 machine.
- Go to https://gsu.onthehub.com and download the SAS installation file. You will also need to download the SAS license renewal file as well.
How to download software from our download site >
- After downloading the software, open the SAS installation folder. Then right-click the Setup file, and select Run as administrator.
NOTE: If prompted, click Yes in the “User Account Control” window to allow the program to make changes to your computer
- When prompted, click OK in the Choose Language window.NOTE: The SAS Install Wizard will now launch. It may take several moments for the next screen to appear.
- Select Install SAS Software and click Next.
- Click Next.
- Select Install SAS Foundation and Related Software, then click Next.
- Select the items to install only if you’re sure that you need the additional products. Otherwise, leave it set to the default products, and click Next.
- Select the compatibility for your computer’s system type in the Select SAS Foundation Mode, and click Next.
- Select the compatibility for your computer’s system type in the Select SAS Enterprise Guide Mode, and click Next.
- In the Select SAS Foundation Products window, only check additional products that you need, otherwise leave only the boxes that are checked by default and click Next.
- In the Specify SAS Installation Data File window, browse for and select the SAS license file you downloaded from our download site in step 1, then click Next.
- Select your desired languages in the Select Language Support window. If you only need English, select Clear All, and then click Next.
- In the Select Regional Settings window, be sure English (United Stated) [en_US] is selected, then click Next.
- Select Use the recommended Java Runtime Environment and click Next.
- A pre-deployment process will begin. Click Next when the process has completed.
- In the Deployment Summary window, click Start.
NOTE: You may be prompted to restart your computer. Be sure to save and close all programs before continuing
- When your installation is complete and you return to the Deployment window, click Next.
- In the Select Support Option window, select whether to send the support information to SAS, and click Next.
- In the Additional Resources window, click Finish.
If you have questions, or need technical assistance, contact the IS&T Help Center at email@example.com or 404-413-HELP (4357).