Installing the VPN with AnyConnect on Mac
This document describes the steps to install Cisco AnyConnect VPN for Mac OS X.
- Mac OS X 10.5 or higher with Administrator access
- Java runtime (JRE)
- Uninstall any previous Georgia State VPN on your computer
- Your CampusID and CampusID password
NOTE: If you have forgotten your CampusID password, visit http://campusid.gsu.edu
- Uninstalling any previous version of GSU’s Cisco VPN Client
- Installing Java runtime (JRE)
- Installing the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- Manually installing the VPN Client
- Connecting and disconnecting your VPN AnyConnect Client
- Uninstalling the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
Connect with Cisco VPN
Go to http://oit.colorado.edu/node/842 and follow the steps to uninstall a previous version of GSU’s Cisco VPN Client.
Go to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/909/cpsid_90908.html and follow the steps for Method 2 to install Java runtime (JRE)
- Open Internet Explorer and go to http://secureaccess.gsu.edu.
- On the SSL VPN Service page:
- Enter your CampusID and CampusID password in the “Login” box.
- Select either “On Campus”, “Off Campus”, or “Wireless” for “Group.”
- Select “Wireless” if you are on campus and are connected to Georgia State University’s wireless network.
- Select “On Campus” if you are on campus and are connected to GSU’s local area network using wired access.
- Select “Off-Campus” if you are not on the GSU campus network.
- Click “Login” to continue.
Figure 1: Enter your CampusID and password in the “Login” box
- Click “Allow” when prompted to allow Java access to your computer for the installation.
Figure 2: Click “Allow” when prompted to allow Java access to your computer for installation
Figure 3: You are now connected over VPN
- Click on Mac OS X 10.5+ (intel) in the Manual Installation screen.
Figure 5: Click “Mac OS X 10.5+ (intel)
- Click Continue in the Introduction screen.
Figure 6: Click “Continue” in the Introduction screen
- Click Continue in the License screen, and click Agree when asked whether you agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
Figure 7: Click “Continue” in the License screen, and click “Agree”
- Click Continue in the Destination Select screen.
Figure 8: Click “Continue” in the Destination Select Screen
- Click Install in the Installation Type screen.
Figure 9: Click “Install” in the Installation Type screen
- Enter your administrator’s name and password, then click OK.
Figure 10: Enter your administrator’s name and password, then click “OK”
- Click Close when the installation is complete.
Figure 11: Click “Close” when installation is complete.
- Click on Macintosh HD icon, and click on the Applications folder.
Figure 12: Click on the Applications folder
- Select the Cisco folder.
Figure 13: Select the Cisco folder
- Double-click the Cisco AnyConnect Secure …Mobility Client.app.
Figure 14: Click on “Cisco AnyConnect…Mobility Client.app”
- Enter secureaccess.gsu.edu in the “Connect to” field, and click Select.
Figure 15: Enter “secureaccess.gsu.edu” in the Connect to field, and click Select
The AnyConnect VPN Client will appear in your menu bar and in the Applications folder. You can use either one to disconnect or connect.
- Click on Finder.
- Select Applications in the left navigation bar.
- Select the Cisco folder.
- Click Uninstall AnyConnect and follow the prompts.
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IS&T Help Center at 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357) or email@example.com.