Configure an Older Android for PantherMail
This document lists the steps for setting up your Android device to work with your PantherMail account at Georgia State University.
- An Android phone with access to the internet
- An PantherMail account
Steps to Configure Android with PantherMail
- Press the Menu button and tap Settings.
NOTE: The way to access settings may vary depending on your type of phone.
- Tap Accounts & Sync in the Settingsdialog box.
- Tap Add account in the Accounts & sync settingsdialog box.
- Tap Exhange ActiveSync.
- In the Add an Exchange Accountdialog box:
- Enter your PantherMail email address (CampusID@student.gsu.edu) in the Email Address: field.
- Enter your CampusID password.
- Tap Next
- In the Server Settings dialog box:
NOTE: If your Android phone is unable to automatically locate the correct PantherMail server name, please follow the instructions on identifying your PantherMail server name. Once you obtain your PantherMail server name, you can enter it in the “Server” field in figure 5 below.
- Enter your PantherMail email address in the DomainUsername field
- Enter your CampusID password in the Password field
- Enter outlook.office365.com in the Server field
- Tap Next
- Select your settings in the Account options dialog box and tap Next.
- Enter a name for the account name in the Set up email dialog box.
- Tap Done.
- Return to your home screen and open your email application.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the IIT Technology Service Desk at 404-413-HELP (404-413-4357) or email@example.com.