Set Up Notifications in Desire2Learn
Using the Notifications tool helps you stay up-to-date with your Desire2Leanr courses by enabling you to receive instant notifications about course events (such as dropbox submissions, discussion messages, and news updates), subscribe to a daily summary of activity for each course, and change the email and SMS notifications options for your courses.
- Access the notifications tool
- Set up your contact methods
- subscribe to a summary of activity
- Subscribe to instant notifications
- Exclude courses form your notifications
Access the Notifications tool
- From your My Home page or My Course Home, click the Notifications link in the My Settings widget at the left of your screen.
Figure 1: Access your notification settings from the My Settings widget
- Click the Notifications icon in the News widget at the right of your screen.
Figure 2: Access your notification settings from your News widget
Set up your contact methods
- Register your mobile number for notifications:
- On the Notifications page, click the Register your mobile link
- On the Register Your Mobile form, select your Country and your Mobile Carrier from the dropdown menus, and enter your Mobile Number
- Click Save
Figure 3: Set up mobile notifications
- After you receive a registration confirmation code on your mobile device, enter it in the Confirmation Code field and click Confirm.
Figure 4: Enter your confirmation code and click “Confirm”
- You can also set the maximum number of messages the system can send your mobile device per day. The default is No Limit. When you are done, click Save at the bottom of the screen.
Figure 5: Select the max number of messages the system can send to your device per day
Subscribe to instant SMS notifications
- On the Notifications page, select the checkboxes beside each instant notification option listed beneath Dropbox, News, and Discussion Events.
Figure 6: Select your desired notification options
- Click Save
Figure 7: Click “Save”
Exclude courses from notifications
- On the Notifications page, click the Manage my exclusions link
Figure 8: Click the “Manage my exclusions” link
- Click the Exclude icon beside each course you want to exclude, or click Exclude All Courses to stop all course notifications
Figure 9: Select the courses to exclude
- To restore excluded course notifications, click the Include icon beside each course you want to receive notifications from, or click Clear course exclusions to restore all excluded courses
Figure 10: Select the courses to restore
- Click Close
Figure 11: Click “Close”
- When you are finished, click Save at the bottom of the screen.