Getting Started with Desire2Learn as a Student
Here you will find steps for basic tasks to get started using Desire2Learn.
- Logging in and out
- My Home and My Course Home
- Accessing your courses
- Create a personal profile
- Setting your preferences
- Go to desire2learn.gsu.edu.
- Enter your CampusID and CampusID Password and click Log in.
NOTE: If you have forgotten your CampusID or CampusID password, go to campusid.gsu.edu
- Click the Logout icon at the far right of the navigation bar.
NOTE: If you are inactive for an extended period of time, the system may log you out of Desire2Learn automatically
My Home is your starting point inside Desire2Learn. From here, you can set up your profile, change your password and email address, edit your preferences, and access your courses. You can also read news items and access any organization-level content, links, discussions, or other available resources.
My Course Home
Your Course Home is the first page you visit when you enter a course. Like My Home, it contains your personal tools and different widgets for displaying course-specific information and content.
- From your My Home page, click on the name of the course you want to access. If you have more than a certain number of courses, a Search Bar may be displayed along with a list of your top 10 most accessed courses.
NOTE: If you have different roles in different courses (e.g. a Teaching Assistant), your courses will be listed in separate tabs.
- To get back to My Home and select another course, click My Home on the course navigation bar.
Filling out your profile is optional, but this feature is a great way to get to know other users. If you are not comfortable revealing certain information about yourself, simply leave the profile or a particular field blank. Your profile information may be available through the Classlist and ePortfolio presentations, and your profile picture may be shown next to your discussion posts and your name in classlists and ePortfolio contributions.
- From My Home, click the Profile link under the My Settings widget at the left of your screen.
NOTE: You can also edit your profile from ePortfolio and Classlist
- Fill in the desired text fields with your information.
- To upload a profile picture:
- Click the Change Picture button
- Select the desired image and click Upload
- When you are finished, click Save.