Desire2Learn Discussion Overview
- To access the discussion board, click on Discussions in the top navigation bar.
- You can choose between Discussions List, Subscriptions, Group Restrictions, Statistics, and Settings.
NOTE: The horizontal navigation changes when you switch to another discussion area.
- In Discussions Listyou can:
- View a list of all your forums and topics.
- Click on a number of actions in the horizontal navigation: create a new forum, create a new topic, copy existing forums and topics, reorder forums and topics, and delete forums and topics
NOTE: A forum is much like a folder that houses the different topics
- In Subscriptions, you can subscribe to any forum or topic. When you subscribe, you can view your subscriptions by forum, topic or messages.
- Group Restrictions lets you manage existing groups and assign discussion forums or topics to them.
NOTE: You can create groups from your course homepage under the Course Administration option on the right hand side
- In Statistics. Here, you will be able to view user activity on your discussion board. Alternatively, you can check on forum and topic statistics.
- The last option in our discussion areas is Settings. You will have access to a number of options ranging from changing your discussions display to setting a character limit of posts.