Creating a Rubric in Desire2Learn
- To begin creating a rubric, click on Rubrics in the horizontal navigation bar.
- Click on New Rubric.
- In the Properties window:
- Enter the Name of your rubric
- Choose the status of your rubric to be draft or published.
NOTE: Choosing Draft will let you create your rubric, but you will not be able to use it in the assessment until you set the status to Published. You can also Archive your rubric.
- Enter description of your rubric
- Ensure that Analytics is checked in the Type field.
NOTE: Selecting analytics enable user to create a rubric consisting of several assessment criteria with each of them having an assigned point value. If you check Holistic, your rubric will consist of one overall assessment.
- Enter your Initial# of Levels
- Enter your Initial# of Criteria
- For the Scoring method, you can either choose Points, Text Only-Custom Points, or Percentages.
NOTE: Choosing Points allow you to assign points by levels, choosing text only-custom points allow you to assign different weights to your criteria. Percentages can only be used for Holistic type rubrics.
- Click Save.
- You can also enter your initial levels and criteria by clicking the Levels and Criteria tab and then click the Green Plus sign.
NOTE: Once you have finished, you can add more criteria and levels, edit any of the entries, reorder the criteria or reverse the level order
- Click Preview Rubric to see what the final Rubric looks like.
- In a new assignment:
- Click Add Rubric
- Assign a maximum score
- Click Save.
NOTE: Once you have connected your published rubric to an assignment, you cannot change its name, description, or levels and criteria.