Add Content in Desire2Learn
Steps to Create a New Module
- Click the Content link on the navigation barat the top of the page to access the Content Tool.
- Click New Module or the New Module icon on the Manage Contentpage.
NOTE: A module is needed to hold the content you want to put in it. You will not be allowed to create new topics before you have a module.
- On the New Module page:
- Select the parent module from the Parent Module drop down list if you want the module you are creating to be a sub-module. If not, leave the box as None
- Enter a Title for the module in the Title field
NOTE: You can enter a Shortened Title for the module if you want to. If the short title area is left blank, the full title you have entered in the above box will be displayed in the Content Map
- Check the Hide Enumeration for this module box if you want to disable the automatic enumeration, which is used to outline the topics
- Click the Save button
NOTE: If you want to create another module, click the Save and New button
Steps to Add New Topic
- Click New Topic or the New Topic icon on the Manage Content page.
- Under the Content Source menu, you can choose various means of creating or attaching a file for your new Topic. These steps will demonstrate how to upload a file, such as your course syllabus. Click the Upload New File link.
- In the New Topic – Upload New Filedialog box:
- Choose the file you want to upload on the Choose File to Upload page and click Save.
- Review and edit any information on your new topic. When you are finished, click Save to save your upload and new topic.
NOTE: Once the file has been saved successfully, you will get the confirmation message in the bottom right-hand of the screen. You can also find the file you have uploaded in the Edit Topic – “File Name” page